Stand-alone Classification Re-Instatement Projects
As the season approaches the SYM Compliance department have been very busy taking care of Classification re-in statements for a large number of Motor Yachts including "Blackfish" (Sportsyacht 115'), “Elysium” (Sportsyacht 115') and the 28 Metre Yacht "This Time Next Year”
Over the last few months we have seen an increased number of Motor Yachts where for one reason or another the class status has been allowed to lapse. Due to this increased demand we are now pleased to offer the project management of these works as a stand-alone service to non-managed yachts.
More and more brokers, owners, captains and their representatives are beginning to recognise the benefits of their yachts having a valid class certificate regardless of whether they operate Privately or Commercially and for the first time they know who to contact to get this sorted as efficiently and cost effectively as possible.
Class re-instatement tends to be a fairly in-depth process – including (but not limited to) the following items:
- Dry dock shipyard period where the yacht's underwater gear - propellers, rudders, cutlass bearings, shafts and stabilizer fins are fully dismantled. Thereafter non-destructive testing of various components is tested in the presence of the local class surveyor.
- Thorough examinations all through hull valves (including dismantling and pressure testing of certain ones take place)
- The yacht's engine room spaces and technical areas as well as crew/guest cabins, garage, bilges and deck openings are all rigorously checked during one of the 4 onboard inspections which take place
- Additionally, all safety and security appliances are also verified for suitability and historic servicing records examined
- The final phase is a sea-trial normally attended by the engine manufacturer
These works demand the accurate planning of shipyard periods, scheduling of classification surveyors, subcontractors and agents in order to be completed in the timeliest and financially responsible manner.
SYM are very familiar having carried out countless inspections for the fleet of managed yachts and are very familiar with the process with RINA, ABS, Lloyds and Bureau Veritas Classification societies and are now your first point of contact to make this happen.
If you require any information or guidance please don’t hesitate to contact Linda Kallas from our Compliance team at the following email address: